FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A big rig loaded with frozen chicken ran afoul of construction in the westbound lanes of Interstate-30 in Fort Worth early Tuesday morning. According to police officials, the truck’s driver clipped a retaining wall near the University Drive exit and lost control of the large vehicle.
The driver was not seriously injured during the crash, but he was taken to a nearby hospital to be checked out. Police do not suspect that alcohol was involved in the incident.
Several lanes of traffic were blocked as a result of the crash, and while crews worked to clean up the mess it left on the road. The truck’s cab has been removed from the location, but the trailer remains loaded with chicken. Transportation officials will be working Tuesday to unload the truck and get the trailer uprighted and off of the highway. Authorities expect to have various freeway lanes and nearby ramps shut down through much of the day.
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES