Pope Tweets Prayers For Blast Victims
WEST (AP) - The Pope is using his Twitter account to ask followers to pray for victims of a fatal fertilizer plant explosion in a small Texas town.
In a message posted Thursday morning, Pope Francis said: “Please join me in praying for the victims of the explosion in Texas and their families.”
The newly installed pontiff’s Twitter page shows he’s posted 18 tweets in the past month.
Authorities say a massive fire and explosion at a downtown fertilizer plant in West killed as many as 15 people Wednesday evening and injured more than 160 others. Several firefighters are still missing.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Irving Bus Crash Leaves 2 Dead & Dozens Hurt
- JP To Be Charged With Murders In Kaufman County
- Texas Airman Reunited With Puppy Met Overseas
- Firearms Company Relocating To North Texas
- Deadly Dallas Shooting Leads To Police Chase & Standoff
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES