SHERMAN (AP) — A sheriff’s deputy in North Texas has died and authorities have arrested a repeat drunken driver for allegedly hitting him while he was directing traffic. The Grayson County Sheriff’s Office says Chad Christian Key was hit by a vehicle Saturday night while working near U.S. Highway 82 east of Sherman, northeast of Dallas. Authorities say the driver — who was not immediately identified — failed to stop. He was later arrested. Key was pronounced dead at an area hospital.
The 42-year-old Key had been a patrol deputy for a little more than two months. Authorities say the driver has two previous convictions for driving while intoxicated and was out on bond after being arrested again in August.
Blood test results on the driver are pending.
Also Check Out:
- Irving Bus Crash Leaves 2 Dead & Dozens Hurt
- JP To Be Charged With Murders In Kaufman County
- Texas Airman Reunited With Puppy Met Overseas
- Firearms Company Relocating To North Texas
- Deadly Dallas Shooting Leads To Police Chase & Standoff
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)