Officials: Bombing Suspect Says He And Brother Acted Alone
BOSTON (CBSNEWS.COM) – Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev indicated from his hospital bed Monday that he and his brother acted alone in last week’s attack, officials said.
CBS News reports that Tsarnaev is cooperating with authorities, who have not found any evidence of ties to major terror organizations. Injured from a gunshot wound to the neck that has rendered him unable to speak, he is communicating via writing.
Two officials also told The Associated Press that evidence indicated he and the second suspect, his brother, were motivated by religion.
On Monday Tsarneav was indicted with using a weapon of mass destruction to kill, and he could face the death penalty if convicted. A magistrate judge went to the hospital to conduct the initial appearance, an official at the Federal Courthouse in Boston confirmed to CBS News.
Also Check Out:
- Dozens Feared Dead, Hundreds Injured In Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- “Small Amount Of Looting” At Texas Blast Site
- Texas Rocked By Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Secret Service And Local Police “Ready” For Dedication
- Former Kaufman County JP’s Wife Charged With Murder
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES