FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - A young boy died Tuesday morning after falling into a swimming pool over the weekend. Donald Wright was rescued from the water on Sunday at the Falcon Ridge Apartments, located along Boca Raton Boulevard in east Fort Worth.
The 7-year-old boy was playing with his twin brother near the swimming pool of their family’s apartment complex. Although the pool area had been locked off, the boys managed to get inside. Wright fell into the water and was unable to get out. A neighbor spotted the child floating in the pool and pulled him to safety.
Firefighters arrived to find the child unresponsive. He was taken to Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth, but was then pronounced dead at 7:13 a.m. Tuesday morning. The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s website did not immediately list an official cause of death.
Also Check Out:
- Dozens Feared Dead, Hundreds Injured In Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- “Small Amount Of Looting” At Texas Blast Site
- Texas Rocked By Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Secret Service And Local Police “Ready” For Dedication
- Former Kaufman County JP’s Wife Charged With Murder
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES