ARLINGTON (AP) – The Texas Rangers are getting ready to deliver items the team has collected for residents of a Texas town recovering from a deadly blast at a fertilizer plant.
During its series this past weekend with Seattle, the Rangers collected various items, including thousands of dollars in gift cards, for residents of West. Rangers fans and employees and the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation also donated about $40,000 in cash.
The team is planning to load the collected items in a truck and deliver them to residents in West on Tuesday afternoon. West is about 90 miles south of Rangers Ballpark.
Last week’s deadly blast at the West Fertilizer Co. killed 14 people and injured 200 others. Most of the dead were first responders.
Investigators have not determined what caused the explosion.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dozens Feared Dead, Hundreds Injured In Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- “Small Amount Of Looting” At Texas Blast Site
- Texas Rocked By Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Secret Service And Local Police “Ready” For Dedication
- Former Kaufman County JP’s Wife Charged With Murder
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES