Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) - The first championship game in the College Football Playoff will be held at Cowboys Stadium.
A person familiar with the decision tells The Associated Press that Arlington, Texas, has beaten out Tampa, Fla., in the bidding to be the site of the first title game in the new playoff system.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because a formal vote by the BCS conference commissioners was scheduled for later Wednesday, and a formal announcement after that.
The game will be held Jan. 12, 2015.
The final three sites for the semifinal rotation will also be announced later, with Cowboys Stadium, home of the Cotton Bowl, expected to be among them. The other two will be the Chick-fil-A Bowl in Atlanta and the Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, Ariz.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dozens Feared Dead, Hundreds Injured In Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- “Small Amount Of Looting” At Texas Blast Site
- Texas Rocked By Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Secret Service And Local Police “Ready” For Dedication
- Former Kaufman County JP’s Wife Charged With Murder
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES