GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Garland have arrested a 34-year-old man and charged him with the murder of his father and stepmother.
Wednesday morning someone called police worried about 61-year-old Bernard Bassey and his wife 69-year-old Joy Bassey.
“Our officers were sent to Bluebonnet Circle in reference to a concern for welfare,” explained Garland police Officer Mike Hatfield. “When our officers arrived they found two people inside the residence deceased.”
Police determined that the couple had been murdered. Bryant Edem Bassey, the son of Bernard Bassey and stepson of Joy Bassey, was later arrested at a local hospital. “He was involved in an accident actually in Farmers Branch… in a car crash,” Hatfield said. “He was in Parkland Hospital for that.”
Police have not said how Bernard and Joy Bassey died or why they believe Bryant Bassey committed the murders.
Bryant Bassey, who is still being treated at Parkland, has been charged with Capital Murder and is being held on $1 million bond.
Also Check Out:
- Dozens Feared Dead, Hundreds Injured In Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- “Small Amount Of Looting” At Texas Blast Site
- Texas Rocked By Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Secret Service And Local Police “Ready” For Dedication
- Former Kaufman County JP’s Wife Charged With Murder
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES