Grandson Of T. Boone Pickens Died From Heroin Overdose
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A Tarrant County medical examiner has determined that the 21-year-old grandson of T. Boone Pickens died from an accidental heroin overdose in January.
Thomas Boone Pickens IV, known as Ty, died at Baylor All Saints hospital on January 29.
Pickens, who went by Ty, was a junior at TCU this semester studying strategic communications, the university confirmed.
Brennan Rodriguez, Pickens’ friend, was arrested by Fort Worth Police in March on charges that he removed heroin, drug paraphernalia, syringes and marijuana from his apartment on Rogers Road after Pickens was taken to the hospital.
The family released the following statement after his death.
“Ty’s loss at such a young age is an unspeakable family tragedy for the entire Pickens family and his many friends. We mourn his passing and respectfully request that the family be allowed to grieve in private in this time of sorrow.”
Also Check Out:
- Dozens Feared Dead, Hundreds Injured In Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- “Small Amount Of Looting” At Texas Blast Site
- Texas Rocked By Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Secret Service And Local Police “Ready” For Dedication
- Former Kaufman County JP’s Wife Charged With Murder
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES