Fire Heavily Damages Mansfield Church
MANSFIELD (CBSDFW.COM) - Flames ripped through a Mansfield church Thursday night, heavily damaging the office building the congregation uses, but causing no injuries.
Passers-by first called in the fire around 9:30 p.m. at Word of Life Church located in the 2200 block of US Highway 287 at FM 157.
Flames could be seen shooting through the roof of the two-story structure shortly after firefighters arrived.
A pastor from the church told CBS 11 News that the office area was separated from the sanctuary by a fire wall, so there’s hope that part of the church won’t be as badly damaged.
The Mansfield Fire Department reports that the fire was limited to the attic, and that the damage to the office area was caused primarily by smoke and water.
Investigators are working to determine the cause of the fire Friday morning, but early indications do not point to arson.
Also Check Out:
- Dozens Feared Dead, Hundreds Injured In Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- “Small Amount Of Looting” At Texas Blast Site
- Texas Rocked By Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Secret Service And Local Police “Ready” For Dedication
- Former Kaufman County JP’s Wife Charged With Murder
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES