COLUMBUS Ga. (CBSNEWS/AP) – Twinkies will be winging their way back to a store near you, likely in July. Hostess Brands, LLC has announced plans to re-launch its bakery in Columbus and plans to add about 300 jobs in the area over the next several years.
The Georgia Department of Economic Development Tuesday announced the company plans to resume operations this summer and will produce a full assortment of iconic Hostess snack products — including Twinkies.
Officials say investment in the Columbus baking facility is being backed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC and Metropoulos & Co., which bought some Hostess assets out of bankruptcy this month.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Also Check Out:
- Dozens Feared Dead, Hundreds Injured In Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- “Small Amount Of Looting” At Texas Blast Site
- Texas Rocked By Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Secret Service And Local Police “Ready” For Dedication
- Former Kaufman County JP’s Wife Charged With Murder
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES