Accused Killer Jumps Off Bridge
MCKINNEY (CBSDFW.COM) - A man charged with killing his wife last month in McKinney, Eric Merz, has committed suicide.
Police confirmed with CBS 11 that Merz jumped off a bridge Sunday at Hwy 121 and Hwy 75.
The McKinney father of two was arrested for the murder of his wife at the Mallard Lakes Subdivision in March. He tried to overdose on drugs, according to police, after her death.
Court documents obtained by CBS 11 indicated Merz suffered from depression and had lost his job. Merz was out on bond Sunday when he jumped to his death.
Also Check Out:
- Dozens Feared Dead, Hundreds Injured In Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- FAA Furloughs Impact Passengers & Businesses
- Funeral Services Set For Dallas Fire Captain Killed In West
- Texas Rocked By Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- West Residents Wait; Pray For Missing
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES