Man Dies After Gunfire Exchange Near Terrell
TERRELL (AP) — A North Texas man has died after being shot during an exchange of gunfire with officers responding to a call about someone with a gun on a road.
Investigators say 25-year-old Gabriel Winzer of Elmo shot at Texas Department of Public Safety troopers and Kaufman County sheriff’s deputies as they chased him. Officers returned fire and fatally shot Winzer as he ran toward his home.
Officers had responded to a call Saturday about a man with a gun on County Road 316 near Terrell (TEHR’-ehl), about 30 miles east of Dallas.
A medical examiner on Sunday declined to release details on whether an autopsy has been completed. DPS spokesman Trooper Kyle Bradford says the investigation continues into what prompted the incident and no officers were immediately put on leave.
Also Check Out:
- Dozens Feared Dead, Hundreds Injured In Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- FAA Furloughs Impact Passengers & Businesses
- Funeral Services Set For Dallas Fire Captain Killed In West
- Texas Rocked By Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- West Residents Wait; Pray For Missing
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES