COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz is serving as the keynote speaker at an annual fundraiser for the South Carolina Republican Party.
The Republican from Texas is featured at this year’s Silver Elephant dinner on Friday in Columbia.
Organizers say this year’s event includes a tribute to former Sen. Jim DeMint. The South Carolina Republican stepped down earlier this year to head up the Heritage Foundation.
The Silver Elephant dinner has served as a showcase in this early presidential primary state for notable Republicans from around the country. In the past two years, speakers have included Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and former Pennsylvania senator and GOP presidential contender Rick Santorum.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Fort Worth Teen Arrested With Pressure Cooker, Fertilizer In Trunk
- Keller ISD Alum Among 4 Killed In Crash
- Police Searching For Missing North Richland Hills Teen
- West Fertilizer Plant Explosion Cause Could Take Weeks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES