Holland, Beltre Lead Rangers Over Red Sox 7-0
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Adrian Beltre had a three-run double among his four hits, Derek Holland pitched eight scoreless innings for his fifth consecutive victory over Boston and the Texas Rangers beat the Red Sox 7-0 Friday night.
While Holland (2-2) had a season-high nine strikeouts and held Boston to six singles, the Rangers had a season-high 18 hits.
Red Sox starter Felix Doubront (3-1) allowed a career-worst 12 hits in 3 2-3 innings.
Holland is 5-1 with a 2.41 ERA in his six career starts against the Red Sox. The lone loss came as a rookie at Fenway Park in June 2009, his third career start.
After Holland threw 112 pitches, Derek Lowe worked a perfect ninth to wrap up the Rangers’ fifth shutout this season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Fort Worth Teen Arrested With Pressure Cooker, Fertilizer In Trunk
- Keller ISD Alum Among 4 Killed In Crash
- Police Searching For Missing North Richland Hills Teen
- West Fertilizer Plant Explosion Cause Could Take Weeks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES