ARLINGTON (AP) – Craig Gentry had an infield hit that produced two runs and later hit a two-run homer as the Texas Rangers beat the Boston Red Sox 5-1 on Saturday night.
The Rangers broke a 1-1 tie and went ahead to stay on the speedy Gentry’s infield hit in the fourth. He added his first homer in the eighth. Alexi Ogando (3-2) pitched into the seventh inning for his first victory in five starts and the AL West-leading Rangers (19-11) clinched the series against the Red Sox (20-10), who still have the best record in the majors even after losing the first two games.
Ian Kinsler hit the first pitch thrown by John Lackey (1-2) into the left-field seats for his sixth homer this season, and 28th career leadoff shot.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Fort Worth Teen Arrested With Pressure Cooker, Fertilizer In Trunk
- Keller ISD Alum Among 4 Killed In Crash
- Police Searching For Missing North Richland Hills Teen
- West Fertilizer Plant Explosion Cause Could Take Weeks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES