Darvish, Beltre & Rangers Sweep Boston
ARLINGTON (AP) - Yu Darvish struck out 14 and Adrian Beltre hit an RBI single with two outs in the ninth inning as the Texas Rangers beat Boston 4-3 Sunday, completing a three-game sweep and matching the Red Sox for the best record in the majors.
The Rangers, Red Sox and St. Louis all have 20-11 marks.
Beltre lined a hit to right-center off Clayton Mortensen (0-2) that sent home Elvis Andrus, who had reached on a two-out single and moved up on a wild pitch. The Red Sox then opted to intentionally walk Lance Berkman.
Darvish matched a career high for strikeouts and left after seven innings with the score tied. Rangers closer Joe Nathan (1-0), the third reliever, worked around a walk and a hit in the ninth.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Fort Worth Teen Arrested With Pressure Cooker, Fertilizer In Trunk
- Keller ISD Alum Among 4 Killed In Crash
- Police Searching For Missing North Richland Hills Teen
- West Fertilizer Plant Explosion Cause Could Take Weeks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES