FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - A two-alarm fire swept through an East Fort Worth apartment complex Sunday night, damaging at least 12 units and sending one person to the hospital with smoke inhalation.
Flames were showing when the first units arrived at the Surrey Oaks Apartments on King George Lane near Woodhaven Boulevard just before midnight.
“Upon their arrival, they (firefighters) determined that the fire spread from a ground floor apartment to the units above it, including the attic space,” said Fort Worth Fire Captain Tom Crow.
The fire was put under control after about 45 minutes.
“It is unknown how many individuals were displaced as the apartment has 50 to 60 percent occupancy,” Crow said. ”A total of 21 fire apparatus responded to the scene .
Crow said the cause of the fire remains under investigation. The condition of the person taken to the hospital was not known early Monday morning.
Also Check Out:
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Fort Worth Teen Arrested With Pressure Cooker, Fertilizer In Trunk
- Keller ISD Alum Among 4 Killed In Crash
- Police Searching For Missing North Richland Hills Teen
- West Fertilizer Plant Explosion Cause Could Take Weeks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES