RIO GRANDE CITY, Texas (AP) — U.S. Sen. John Cornyn is scheduled to discuss security and trade matters with local law enforcement and business officials in Rio Grande City.
The second-ranking Republican senator’s visit Monday comes as Congress grapples with comprehensive immigration reform. Cornyn has praised some aspects of the bill put forward by the Senate’s bipartisan so-called Gang of Eight last month, but criticized it for not going far enough to improve border security.
Cornyn has long called for improvements at the ports of entry on the Southwest border, both in terms of security and trade.
Monday’s meeting was scheduled to be held at the Rio Grande City port of entry.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Fort Worth Teen Arrested With Pressure Cooker, Fertilizer In Trunk
- Keller ISD Alum Among 4 Killed In Crash
- Police Searching For Missing North Richland Hills Teen
- West Fertilizer Plant Explosion Cause Could Take Weeks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES