Police Chase Ends With Crash In Fort Worth
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A chase involving a stolen moving truck and Haltom City police officers ended Tuesday morning after the truck crashed going the wrong way on Interstate-35W in Fort Worth.
It happened just after 3:15 a.m. as Haltom City officers were doing surveillance on a stolen U-Haul truck. A man and woman got into the vehicle and took off, and Haltom City Police turned on lights and sirens to get them to stop.
The truck driver refused to pull over and eventually wound up going northbound in the southbound lanes of Interstate-35W just north of downtown Fort Worth. The truck crashed near Northside Drive and the two suspects jumped out and disappeared into the open fields in that area.
An intense search by Fort Worth Police and Haltom City Police along both sides of the freeway failed to find any signs of the suspects.
The truck involved was towed from the scene and, police said, despite the crash, no one was hurt.
Also Check Out:
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Fort Worth Teen Arrested With Pressure Cooker, Fertilizer In Trunk
- Keller ISD Alum Among 4 Killed In Crash
- Police Searching For Missing North Richland Hills Teen
- West Fertilizer Plant Explosion Cause Could Take Weeks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES