Cheesy Garlic Bread Chips Win Lay’s Contest
NEW YORK (AP) – Lay’s potato chips are getting cheesier.
Fans voted to keep the potato chip maker’s Cheesy Garlic Bread flavor on store shelves for at least the end of the year as part of the company’s nearly yearlong promotion that solicited customers’ flavor ideas.
Cheesy Garlic Bread beat out two other fan-submitted flavors: a maple-syrup tasting Chicken & Waffles and Sriracha, which tastes like the hot sauce often used in Thai dishes.
Karen Weber-Mendham, a children’s librarian from Land O’Lakes, Wis., submitted the Cheesy Garlic Bread flavor and will receive $1 million or 1 percent of sales, whichever is higher.
The winning flavor will stay on store shelves at least until the end of the year and the others for the summer.
Frito-Lay is a unit of PepsiCo Inc.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Fort Worth Teen Arrested With Pressure Cooker, Fertilizer In Trunk
- Keller ISD Alum Among 4 Killed In Crash
- Police Searching For Missing North Richland Hills Teen
- West Fertilizer Plant Explosion Cause Could Take Weeks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES