Minnesota Replaces UNC With TCU
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) – Minnesota and Texas Christian will play nonconference football games in 2014 and 2015.
Gophers athletic director Norwood Teague announced the agreement on Tuesday.
Minnesota will get $500,000 from TCU for playing there in 2014. Teague said the Gophers won’t pay the Horned Frogs anything for hosting them in the 2015 game.
For Minnesota, this provides an impressive replacement for North Carolina. At the request of coach Jerry Kill for the sake of protecting the confidence of his young players in this developing program, the Gophers canceled a two-game series with the Tar Heels at the cost of $800,000.
Teague said TCU will also inherit Minnesota’s contract to host South Dakota State for $400,000 in 2015. Big Ten teams recently agreed to stop scheduling FCS opponents.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Fort Worth Teen Arrested With Pressure Cooker, Fertilizer In Trunk
- Keller ISD Alum Among 4 Killed In Crash
- Police Searching For Missing North Richland Hills Teen
- West Fertilizer Plant Explosion Cause Could Take Weeks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES