DENVER (AP) — George Karl is the NBA’s Coach of the Year after leading the Denver Nuggets to a team-record 57 wins this season.
Karl got 62 first-place votes from a panel of sports writers and broadcasters.
Golden State eliminated the Nuggets 92-88 in Game 6 last Thursday night.
It’s the first time Karl has won the award in 25 seasons. He joins Doug Moe as the only Denver coaches to earn the honor.
Karl tweeted after the announcement: “Honored to receive coach of the year award. Tribute to great players and assistants. Many others equally deserving.”
The Nuggets rallied down the stretch, winning 15 straight at one point and going 24-4 after the All-Star break. They also won a franchise-best 38 games at the Pepsi Center.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texans Spend Millions On Non-Existent Federal Taxes
- Pet Food Stamp Program Started For Low-Income Families
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Source: Free Doesn’t Think He’ll Stay With Dallas
- American Hires First Flight Attendants Since 9/11
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES