University Of Texas Boosts Security For Graduation
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — University of Texas officials say the school is tightening security controls for their upcoming graduation ceremonies.
The school announced Wednesday that all bags and purses will be searched and no bags larger than 12 inches will be allowed into any of ceremonies on May 15-16. That includes the outdoor, university-wide graduation at ceremony at the school tower.
School policy already banned coolers, picnic baskets, lawn chairs and large strollers.
School officials cited “recent national events” for the change. Two bombs near the finish line of the April 15 Boston Marathon killed three people and injured more than 260 others.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texans Spend Millions On Non-Existent Federal Taxes
- Pet Food Stamp Program Started For Low-Income Families
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Source: Free Doesn’t Think He’ll Stay With Dallas
- American Hires First Flight Attendants Since 9/11
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES