Cooper Gives FC Dallas 1-1 Draw With Timbers
Sports Fan Insider
FRISCO (AP) - Kenny Cooper scored on a penalty kick in the 77th minute to lift FC Dallas into a 1-1 tie with the Portland Timbers on Wednesday night.
The draw extended the unbeaten streaks for two hottest clubs in MLS to eight games apiece.
Cooper’s second goal of the season came after Portland’s Andrew Jean-Baptiste was shown a yellow card for pulling down Blas Perez inside the penalty area a minute earlier. Cooper then stepped to the dot and slotted a low shot just inside the left post.
Raul Fernandez made three saves for Dallas, which owns the league’s best record and is now 6-0-2 in its last eight. Dallas also remains unbeaten at home (5-0-1), outscoring the opposition 10-3.
Diego Chara scored and Ricketts made four saves for the Timbers.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texans Spend Millions On Non-Existent Federal Taxes
- Pet Food Stamp Program Started For Low-Income Families
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Source: Free Doesn’t Think He’ll Stay With Dallas
- American Hires First Flight Attendants Since 9/11
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES