Rangers Put Pierzynski On 15-Day DL
MILWAUKEE (AP) – The Texas Rangers placed catcher A.J. Pierzynski on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday after an MRI exam revealed a strained right abdominal muscle.
Pierzynski was a late scratch before the Rangers’ game Tuesday in Milwaukee and sat out again Wednesday after the test.
The 36-year-old Pierzynski was hitting .263 with four home runs and 11 RBI in 26 games for the Rangers, who signed him to a one-year contract last December. The 16-year veteran has been on the disabled list only one other time in his career, missing 17 games due to a fractured left wrist in 2011.
With an off day scheduled Thursday, the Rangers are expected to summon catcher Robinson Chirinos from Triple-A Round Rock before their next game, Friday at Houston.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texans Spend Millions On Non-Existent Federal Taxes
- Pet Food Stamp Program Started For Low-Income Families
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Source: Free Doesn’t Think He’ll Stay With Dallas
- American Hires First Flight Attendants Since 9/11
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES