NEW YORK (AP) — Major League Baseball says umpires have made a mistake for the second straight day, this time during a pitching change in Houston.
MLB issued a statement Friday saying umpires didn’t properly apply a rule in a game between the Los Angeles Angels and Astros on Thursday night. The Angels played the game under protest when Houston was incorrectly allowed to switch relief pitchers, then dropped it after they won.
On Wednesday night, umpire Angel Hernandez and his crew went to a video review but didn’t reverse a clear ninth-inning home run by Oakland in a game it lost by one run at Cleveland. MLB Vice president Joe Torre later said he umpires made an “improper call.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texans Spend Millions On Non-Existent Federal Taxes
- Pet Food Stamp Program Started For Low-Income Families
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Source: Free Doesn’t Think He’ll Stay With Dallas
- American Hires First Flight Attendants Since 9/11
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES