IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) - A woman was taken into custody early Friday morning for driving the wrong way down Airport Freeway in Irving for approximately eight miles. Police began chasing the driver at about 3:15 a.m. on Highway 183 near Carl Road.
The wrong-way driver was traveling westbound in the eastbound lanes of traffic. Authorities were able to spike the car’s tires several times, however, the driver just kept on moving down the freeway. She finally pulled over her vehicle about eight miles later, near Amon Carter Boulevard.
The name of the suspect has not been released. Officials have not said where she entered the highway, or if alcohol was involved in the incident. But, amazingly, nobody was injured during this entire ordeal.
Also Check Out:
- North Texans Spend Millions On Non-Existent Federal Taxes
- Pet Food Stamp Program Started For Low-Income Families
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Source: Free Doesn’t Think He’ll Stay With Dallas
- American Hires First Flight Attendants Since 9/11
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES