DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – “The Young and the Restless” will air a one-hour special tribute to honor the late Jeanne Cooper, who died this week at the age of 84.
Cooper, the Emmy Award-winning actress who portrayed Katherine Chancellor, was the longest running cast member at more than 39 years.
Cast members, friends and family will gather on set to shoot a “celebration of the life of their late friend who passed away this week.”
“As part of the tribute episode, the cast of THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS will share their favorite memories of working with Cooper, along with personal recollections of their friendships with her,” a statement reads. “Additionally, interviews with Cooper from the show’s recent 40th anniversary and classic clips of her years on the daytime drama will be included.”
The special will air on Tuesday, May 28 at 11:30 p.m. CST. “The Young and the Restless” has been rated the No. 1 daytime drama for more than 24 years.
Also Check Out:
- North Texans Spend Millions On Non-Existent Federal Taxes
- Pet Food Stamp Program Started For Low-Income Families
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Source: Free Doesn’t Think He’ll Stay With Dallas
- American Hires First Flight Attendants Since 9/11
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES