Five-Year-Old Shot In The Head Dies
Get Breaking News First
DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A five-year-old who was shot in the head on Saturday has passed away. The investigation is still ongoing and no charges are being filed at this time, but that can change pending further investigation, according to Denton police spokesman Officer Orlando Hinojosa.
Police say the 5-year-old’s older brother accidentally shot him in the head with a .22 caliber rifle while the two boys were in a bedroom alone at a home in 2700 block of Stockton Street in Denton.
Two grandparents and a teenager were inside the house when the shooting happened. The 5-year-old victim was taken to Denton Regional Medical Center ED by the Denton Fire Department and then flown by CareFlite to Children’s Medical Center in Dallas. He is presently on a ventilator in critical condition at this time.
We will keep you posted as more information comes into CBSDFW.COM.
Also Check Out:
- North Texans Spend Millions On Non-Existent Federal Taxes
- Pet Food Stamp Program Started For Low-Income Families
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Source: Free Doesn’t Think He’ll Stay With Dallas
- American Hires First Flight Attendants Since 9/11
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES