Arlington Man Arrested After Pipe Bombs Found
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) - An Arlington resident is under investigation after authorities found multiple pipe bombs in his parent’s house. The fire department responded to a suspicious fire in the driveway of the home on Quail Roost Lane near Harris Road. They then alerted arson investigators, a bomb team and a hazardous material team. Arson investigators obtained a search warrant for the home of Johnson’s parents and found the pipe bombs inside.
Michael Alex Johnson, 32, of Arlington, faces arson and false alarm charges. He is being held on a $2 million bond.
During the investigation, nearby homes were evacuated for several hours as a precaution. Neighbors were allowed back in their homes once Johnson was arrested and materials were taken.
Investigators are still determining the cause of the fire and thus far, there isn’t a link between the suspects home and the house where the fire started.
No injuries were reported.
Also Check Out:
- North Texans Spend Millions On Non-Existent Federal Taxes
- Pet Food Stamp Program Started For Low-Income Families
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Source: Free Doesn’t Think He’ll Stay With Dallas
- American Hires First Flight Attendants Since 9/11
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES