Fort Worth Leaders: Bike To Work This Week
TARRANT COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – May is National Bike Month and this week is National Bike to Work Week. To celebrate, officials in Fort Worth are encouraging everyone to leave their car at home May 17 and bike to work.
This upcoming Friday there will be four organized bike rides into downtown Fort Worth. Each will start from different points and happen throughout the city.
Leaders in Fort Worth have long been proponents of physical fitness and environmental awareness through bike riding. Mayor Betsy Price is encouraging those without a bike to use the city’s new bike sharing program.
Everyone who participates in Bike to Work Day can pick up refreshments at The Intermodal Transportation Center at 1001 Jones Street.
Also Check Out:
- North Texans Spend Millions On Non-Existent Federal Taxes
- Pet Food Stamp Program Started For Low-Income Families
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Source: Free Doesn’t Think He’ll Stay With Dallas
- American Hires First Flight Attendants Since 9/11
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES