Dallas Police Drinks In Uniform; Demoted
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Following an investigation by the Internal Affairs Division and disciplinary hearings held Thursday, Dallas Police Chief David O. Brown demoted Major Edwin Ruiz-Diaz to the rank of Lieutenant.
An internal investigation found that he drank alcohol off duty while in uniform at a Grapevine bar last week. It was reported to Grapevine Police that a uniformed officer was in the bar and consuming alcoholic beverages. Grapevine Police responded and identified that officer as Major Ruiz-Diaz.
Ruiz-Diaz, a 24-year veteran, cannot appeal the discipline because he held an appointed rank. He was assigned to the Southwest Patrol Division during the time of the incident.
The department sent out a press release Thursday evening announcing that Brown had demoted Ruiz-Diaz.
Also Check Out:
- 6 Dead After North Texas Tornado Outbreak
- West First Reponder Posts Erratic Facebook Messages
- Duncanville Teacher On Leave After Student Viral Video Rant
- Nordstrom No Longer Tracking Customer Phones
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES