IRVING (AP) - Jason Dufner says he has played a lot of rounds this year with frustration and anger on his mind.
He just rarely shows those emotions, the same as when things were going so well last season.
Dufner’s win at the Byron Nelson Championship, which wasn’t punctuated with any overwhelming outburst of excitement, was part of a four-week stretch in which he got his first two PGA Tour victories and got married. He followed that with a runner-up finish at Colonial and a fourth-place finish at the U.S. Open.
Going into Thursday’s first round of this year’s Nelson, Dufner hasn’t had a top-10 finish this season.
The only players who have won consecutive Nelsons are Tom Watson, Jack Nicklaus and Sam Snead.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texans Spend Millions On Non-Existent Federal Taxes
- Pet Food Stamp Program Started For Low-Income Families
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Source: Free Doesn’t Think He’ll Stay With Dallas
- American Hires First Flight Attendants Since 9/11
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES