Resources For Tornado Victims
Get Breaking News First
Anyone needing information about loved ones can call 682-498-8010
Anyone needing a safe place to stay because of the storm can go to one of the following shelters:
- 1st Christian Church, 2109 West Highway 377, Granbury, TX
- First United Methodist Church, 301 Loop 567, Granbury, TX
- Lake Granbury Christian Temple, 3755 Acton Highway, Granbury, TX
- St. Francis Cabrini, 2301 Acton Highway, Granbury, TX
- Cleburne Senior Center 1212 Glenwood Cleburne, Texas
In the overnight hours, the Red Cross will be developing a plan to provide meals and snacks and relief items in the days ahead.
- The Salvation Army is deploying a mobile emergency kitchen to DeCordova Bend in Hood County near Granbury to provide relief for victims and first responders in the aftermath of the tornado. The disaster team will be on site to provide hydration, snacks, and emotional care. An experienced disaster coordinator has also been dispatched to Cleburne and Granbury to make assessments for further Salvation Army disaster deployment. Donations may be made here for the Salvation Army Relief Efforts
- The American Red Cross is in close contact with emergency managers across the North Texas region. As soon as it’s safe, responders will begin to work their way towards the impacted areas. The number one objective for the overnight hours is to ensure that safe shelter is available to anyone who has a need. @RedCrossDFW To donate blood – find a location near you. Or text ‘red cross’ to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- A Red Cross Disaster Assistance Hotline has been established for anyone across North Texas who has sustained damage to their homes as a result of last night’s storms. Affected residents are urged to call 866-505-4801.
- Humane Society of North Texas team is working with Hood County Animal Control, going door-to-door to rescue trapped animals. Donations of dog food, cat food, or cat litter can be made to the HSNT location at 1840 E. Lancaster Avenue in Fort Worth. Cash donations are also always welcome http://hsnt.org/donate.php
- The Red Cross is planning to distribute needed relief items for clean-up over the weekend. Relief items can include things like shovels, rakes, work gloves, trash bags and more. Areas will be established in the neighborhood so that residents can pick up their supplies near their homes. ** The following are locations where the community can drop off items: Salvation Army Cleburne at 111. S. Anglin Street – Cleburne, Texas Mission Granbury at 1310 Weatherford Highway Granbury, TX 76048
- In response to last night’s deadly tornadoes, CBS 11, TXA 21 and all CBS RADIO Dallas-Fort Worth stations News Radio 1080 KRLD, 98.7 KLUV, 100.3 Jack FM, 103.7 KVIL, 105.3 The Fan and Mega 107.5 fm are partnering with Albertson’s Market and The Dallas Cowboys to support The Salvation Army’s disaster relief efforts. Monetary donations will be accepted at the registers at all Dallas-Fort Worth Area Albertson’s Market stores until further notice.
Also Check Out:
- North Texans Spend Millions On Non-Existent Federal Taxes
- Pet Food Stamp Program Started For Low-Income Families
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Source: Free Doesn’t Think He’ll Stay With Dallas
- American Hires First Flight Attendants Since 9/11
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES