FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Fort Worth launched an investigation on Thursday after a man who was hit by officers with a Taser later died. The Tarrant County Medical Examiner on Friday identified the victim as 34-year-old Jermaine Darden of Fort Worth.
Police and family said that it began Thursday afternoon as officers were executing a narcotics search warrant in the 3200 block of Thannisch Avenue in southeast Fort Worth. Police said that officers were met with resistance from a man inside the house.
After being hit with the Taser, the man began having medical issues and was taken to the hospital, a spokesperson said. He later died.
Family members are asking for a complete investigation into the death. The man’s cause of death was not available early Friday morning.
Also Check Out:
- 6 Dead After North Texas Tornado Outbreak
- West First Reponder Posts Erratic Facebook Messages
- Duncanville Teacher On Leave After Student Viral Video Rant
- Nordstrom No Longer Tracking Customer Phones
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES