CLEBURNE (AP) – School has been canceled for a second day at a North Texas community where a tornado damaged buildings and cut power.
The Cleburne Independent School District says all campuses remained closed Friday. Officials with the district about 25 miles south of Fort Worth cited electrical outages and road conditions from Wednesday night’s tornado.
Dallas-based Oncor reported nearly 1,800 customers in North Texas still without power Friday — mainly in Cleburne.
The National Weather Service has rated the tornado that hit Cleburne as an EF-3. Winds were estimated at 135 mph to 165 mph. Officials have said no deaths or serious injuries were reported in the Cleburne.
Cleburne is 25 miles southeast of Granbury, where a tornado Wednesday night killed at least six people.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- 6 Dead After North Texas Tornado Outbreak
- West First Reponder Posts Erratic Facebook Messages
- Duncanville Teacher On Leave After Student Viral Video Rant
- Nordstrom No Longer Tracking Customer Phones
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES