GRANBURY (AP) - Gov. Rick Perry will head to a North Texas city devastated by a tornado that left at least six people dead.
Perry on Friday afternoon plans to visit Granbury and survey the destruction. Wednesday night’s tornado destroyed much of the Rancho Brazos Estates subdivision of Granbury, about 40 miles southwest of Fort Worth.
Hood County Sheriff Roger Deeds says the storm killed two women and four men. Several people remain unaccounted amid the recovery effort. County officials say nearly 100 homes in Granbury were damaged or destroyed.
Donations can be made through the Red Cross.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- 6 Dead After North Texas Tornado Outbreak
- West First Reponder Posts Erratic Facebook Messages
- Duncanville Teacher On Leave After Student Viral Video Rant
- Nordstrom No Longer Tracking Customer Phones
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES