Canseco Joins Cats For Opening Homestand
FORT WORTH (AP) - Jose Canseco is back in the independent United League as a player-coach. At least for one series.
The 48-year-old Canseco will be with the Fort Worth Cats for their opening four-game homestand, which starts Thursday night.
Fort Worth opens the season against Edinburg, which is managed by Ozzie Canseco, the identical twin brother of the 1986 American League rookie of the year and 1988 league MVP.
United League president Byron Pierce says Canseco was “a huge draw” in 2010, when the former slugger was a designated hitter and bench coach in Laredo. Canseco hit four homers with 13 RBIs in 11 games.
Jose Canseco says he’s excited to be in Fort Worth to mentor young players and can’t wait to go up against his brother.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- 6 Dead After North Texas Tornado Outbreak
- West First Responder Posts Erratic Facebook Messages
- Duncanville Teacher On Leave After Student Viral Video Rant
- Nordstrom No Longer Tracking Customer Phones
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES