Good morning! After yesterday’s severe weather threat that didn’t pan out to be much, today we are rewarded with Chamber of Commerce weather. Here’s the email weather update I sent my morning show team this morning. Thought it would make a good read for you.
This Morning: 2 Items
- Boy, it’s chilly out this morning! Skies have cleared and temps have dipped into the low 50s for much of Metroplex. Parts of Dallas County & areas east will be in the upper 50s.
- And FOG. Not thick enough for an advisory, but a few areas will get down to ¼ mile visibility. Those would be the usual suspects like McKinney, along 75 in Collin County and along I-30 Grand Prairie or I-20 Arlington. We won’t deal with low level clouds this morning, so Dallas tower cam shot should look pretty good over the fog layers!
Today: back to normal
- Sunny and mild with highs near or slightly above the normal 85 degrees.
- Today is going to be a BEAUTIFUL day because the humidity will be low and the breezes light!
- Humidity increases starting tomorrow. The rest of the week and through next week temps should run in the upper 80s to low 90s.
I want to say the pattern looks dry and quiet, but there is a cold front to the north that could trigger storms THURSDAY to the north and with the front over us on FRIDAY and into SATURDAY more storms are possible with the heat of day. Most activity looking like northern and western areas, so even if storms turn out it likely won’t impact Metroplex.
Memorial Day Weekend: looking like we are hot and humid SAT-SUN-MON with highs each day 91-92. We may have to put storm chances in forecast for SUN-MON, but for now leaving out until better model agreement.