DFW Exhibit Shows Last Art Seen By JFK
DALLAS (AP) – Artist Jack Zajac says that learning earlier this year that his bronze sculpture was among the last works of art seen by President John F. Kennedy left him feeling “reverential.”
Zajac’s small sculpture of a goat was displayed among works by Pablo Picasso and Vincent van Gogh in the Fort Worth hotel suite of the president and first lady Jacqueline Kennedy.
A group of Fort Worth’s citizens had organized the private exhibit to honor the president’s overnight stay.
Almost all of those works have been reunited for an exhibit opening Sunday at the Dallas Museum of Art.
The exhibit runs in Dallas through Sept. 15. It will then open Oct. 12 at the Fort Worth’s Amon Carter Museum of American Art.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- 6 Dead After North Texas Tornado Outbreak
- West First Responder Posts Erratic Facebook Messages
- Duncanville Teacher On Leave After Student Viral Video Rant
- Nordstrom No Longer Tracking Customer Phones
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES