FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A Fort Worth police officer was hurt Thursday morning after his squad car was T-boned by an alleged drunk driver in north Fort Worth.
The officer radioed dispatchers shortly after 12:15 a.m. to report that he had been involved in a crash at the intersection of Park Street and Lagonda Avenue. A MedStar ambulance was called to the scene and the officer was taken to Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth. While his condition is not known, a police captain said that the officer’s injuries were not thought to be life threatening.
The driver of the vehicle that hit the officer was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. It was not said if that suspect was also injured.
The names of those involved in the crash have not been released.
A specialized Fort Worth Police Department traffic investigator was called to the scene to look into the case.
Also Check Out:
- 6 Dead After North Texas Tornado Outbreak
- West First Responder Posts Erratic Facebook Messages
- Duncanville Teacher On Leave After Student Viral Video Rant
- Nordstrom No Longer Tracking Customer Phones
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES