FORT WORTH (AP) - Colonial member Ryan Palmer shot an 8-under 62 on Thursday to match the first-round record at Hogan’s Alley and take a one-stroke lead over John Rollins.
The bogey-free 62 equaled Palmer’s lowest round on the PGA Tour.
Palmer and longtime caddie James Edmondson are full dues-paying members at Colonial. Edmondson is even the reigning club champion, winning the title for the third time last year.
Graham DeLaet, wearing pants with a plaid design similar to the jacket Colonial winners get, matched Morgan Hoffmann, David Hearn and John Peterson at 64. Matt Kuchar, No. 13 in the world ranking and the highest-ranked player in the 136-man invitational field, was in a group of six at 65.
Defending Colonial champ Zach Johnson had an opening 69.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- 6 Dead After North Texas Tornado Outbreak
- West First Responder Posts Erratic Facebook Messages
- Duncanville Teacher On Leave After Student Viral Video Rant
- Nordstrom No Longer Tracking Customer Phones
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES