AUSTIN (AP) – Texas shoppers can get a tax break this Memorial Day holiday weekend when buying certain power-saving appliances.
The state comptroller’s office says the Energy Star sales tax holiday begins Saturday and runs through Monday. Qualifying products display the Energy Star logo.
Sales tax breaks are available for items including refrigerators priced at $2,000 or less, ceiling fans, air conditioners costing $6,000 or less, dishwashers and dehumidifiers. Other products are also eligible.
State officials say the tax-free holiday also applies to Internet and catalog sales of certain power-saving appliances. Some restrictions apply.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- 6 Dead After North Texas Tornado Outbreak
- West First Responder Posts Erratic Facebook Messages
- Duncanville Teacher On Leave After Student Viral Video Rant
- Nordstrom No Longer Tracking Customer Phones
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES