Police Nab Escaped Prisoner
PALO PINTO (CBSDFW.COM) – Police caught prison escapee Michael Rimmer walking along I-20 at Hwy 281 in Palo Pinto County (about 25 miles south of Mineral Wells) Sunday.
Rimmer slipped away from the prisoner transport company van, which was en route to Florida stopped for fuel in Olney on Saturday. The search for the escapee spanned an enormous swath of North Texas from south of Wichita Falls all the way to Terrell, where police were briefly involved in the manhunt.
Most of his prior arrests in Florida are drug-related (possession, breaking probation, skipping out on community service.)
Police considered Rimmer dangerous since he assaulted a peace officer in the past.
Also Check Out:
- 6 Dead After North Texas Tornado Outbreak
- West First Responder Posts Erratic Facebook Messages
- Duncanville Teacher On Leave After Student Viral Video Rant
- Nordstrom No Longer Tracking Customer Phones
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES