Reporting Brigitte Cummings
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A portion of U.S. Highway 75 in Dallas is set to be designated as the George W. Bush Expressway.
The State Legislature approved the plan that would change a stretch of the roadway — between Northwest Highway and Knox Street — to be named after the former president. The proposal just needs to be signed by Gov. Rick Perry for it to become a reality.
The Bush Presidential Library & Museum is located within this area, just west of the highway. Roads are already lined with signs pointing visitors to that newly-opened location. The center is located on the Southern Methodist University campus.
According to the bill, new signs with the George W. Bush Expressway name would be funded by donations, not tax dollars.
If it is approved by Perry, the designation would go into effect beginning in September.
Also Check Out:
- 6 Dead After North Texas Tornado Outbreak
- West First Responder Posts Erratic Facebook Messages
- Duncanville Teacher On Leave After Student Viral Video Rant
- Nordstrom No Longer Tracking Customer Phones
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES