FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM) – The city of McKinney is mourning the loss of an off-duty police officer. He died Monday morning in Frisco after a motorcycle accident.
John Libby II, 38, was driving north on Custer Road in Frisco just before noon when his motorcyle collided with an SUV making a turn off South Cotton Ridge. The veteran McKinney Police officer was taken to a hospital but died from his injuries.
Frisco Police say he was wearing a helmet.
McKinney Police announced the death with a statement that officers are saddened with hearts and prayers going out to the Libby family.
The accident is still under investigation.
Also Check Out:
- Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Tornado Twists Through Oklahoma Taking Lives
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES