Teamsters Seek Toehold At American Airlines
DALLAS (AP) – The Teamsters union is trying to replace the union that represents mechanics at American Airlines.
The Teamsters union said Tuesday that it filed a petition with federal labor officials for an election to toss out the Transport Workers Union.
By law, the Teamsters need the support of at least half the American Airlines mechanics to force an election. Union officials declined to say how many signatures they got. There are more than 10,000 mechanics at American.
The Teamsters are also trying to replace the machinists’ union at US Airways, which has announced plans to merge with American.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Tornado Twists Through Oklahoma Taking Lives
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES