IRVING (AP) – The Alamo Bowl is close to getting the first choice of Big 12 teams outside the championship picture.
Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby said Wednesday the league’s bowl lineup wasn’t complete but “it looks like it’s going to work” for the Alamo Bowl to replace the Cotton Bowl as the first destination for teams not in the BCS or the four-team College Football Playoff that starts in 2014.
Bowlsby said the league had agreed in principle with most slots, and indicated one of those would be a new alliance with a Florida bowl.
The league also agreed to become the first to expand officiating crews by one to eight.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Tornado Twists Through Oklahoma Taking Lives
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES