Unattended Candle Blamed For Dallas House Fire
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - An unattended citronella candle is being blamed for a fire that destroyed a house in East Oak Cliff Friday morning.
Firefighters were called out to the 1600 block of Atlas Drive at Frio Drive before 1 a.m. When they arrived, they found heavy flames shooting up from the side of the house.
The Red Cross was called out to assist the displaced family.
Investigators said a man had been burning citronella candles to ward off mosquitoes as he worked on a car in the garage.
He went into the house for a short while and that’s when the flames erupted.
No one was hurt.
Also Check Out:
- Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Tornado Twists Through Oklahoma Taking Lives
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES